WATER SERVICE TO BORREGO SPRINGS
- Serves 2,015 residential and commercial customers an annual supply of 3,700 acre-feet (one acre foot is equal to approximately 326,000 gallons) of water from 12 wells (this is equivalent to 1 football field filled with water nearly 3/4 mile high).
- Maintains 90 miles of distribution lines to deliver this water
- Manages the wells and reservoirs that provide and store the water so that it is available when needed.
- Implements a Groundwater Management plan for the valley.
- Conducts studies to determine the most economical and environmentally sound way to achieve a sustainable and renewable water supply.
- Maintains a waste water reclamation plant that serve the community and could provide reclaimed water for golf courses in the future.
- Maintains trunk sewer lines to Rams Hill, Borrego Ranch, the Elementary School and seven miles along Palm Canyon Drive, serving the commercial center of Borrego Springs.
- Maintains the internal sewer lines at Rams Hill.
FLOOD CONTROL SERVICES
- Has flood control authority, which is currently exercised only at Rams Hill
- Borrego Water District maintains an eye gnat control programs for the valley
- Provides trash collection service to the ID-5 area (Club Circle)
- Works with other community organizations to ensure the community has continuing and expanding recreation opportunities